17.6.08

I actually just got home from school via the most popular vehicle in the entire country: the jeepney. what i really loathe about riding one is the DUST permeating the ENTIRE atmosphere. yeah, smoke belching too! it really weakens me; one moment i'm still alert and vigilant, the next minute i get screwed, with my face either drenched with sweat with all the people crammed in the jeep, or completely dry and oily plus dog-eyed eyes. (blech...)

anyway, i had my first day yesterday as a Nursing student with lots of courses in my degree program, and yeah, you guessed it. the ambiance was tensed, shy, and pretty awkward. I was just quiet and demure, with the rest of the class, though some of them weren't that bashful. And my hatest part came expectedly (well, that always happens on the first day of class!) : the introduction! i was sort of blank and i got stuck with just one idea before it was my turn. and you know what that was? Blogs. oh don't get me wrong. i spoke of blogs when no one knew me yet, except Doris. argh... Sir Daño was really accommodating (he's our Nursing theories professor) but then he was tight and frugal with his ten-word limit for that intro thing! and i stupidly blurted out in a plain voice,
"I'm Mary Blaise Aniñon. And i have a blog online."
Oh count that! it's perfect ten! (i should get some credit for that. hahaha..) Though it was kinda funny in my ears, and probably theirs too.
what a nice intro, Blaise. :)
and it didn't stop there! on our next subject i said the same thing again! like i was advertising my blog or something! waaaaaa... i was ashamed for doing the same mistake in my consecutive subjects on the same day! my sis even laughed at me when i told her that. XP
It was pretty fun, actually. after all the tense moments have ceased, it was like a student knew the others, which unfortunately was not true, for i knew only a few, probably six or seven. but there's no need to worry coz i'll be with them for a semester anyway. i have time to know know them while i struggle with my hectic sched and my demanding subjects!

*grin like mad (like a psycho. haha!)*
I'm a neophyte, but I'll beat all the odds! go, go! :)

-Blaise-


oh, and did i mention that i missed my very first class in my college life: Psychology?

No comments: