2.7.10



Had a full blast of CCMC-ER duty week. Mind you: Noc (10pm-6am) duty.
Oh, I got a case. That's a good thing.

Many things happened. I finally saw with my own eyes the so-called

CODE RED.

Medical Dic: Code red in triage- a life-threatening situation wherein if no medical intervention is done, the person...EXPIRES.

I saw, for the first time ever, a real bloody stomach protruding on the abdomen. oh yes.

I saw childbirth inside a taxi.I saw severed cuts and deep gashes that we all tried to mend and stitch.


I saw a priest beside a patient, anointing her for the last time.

I saw 5 homosexuals fighting over the patient's heavy bruises and cuts.

I saw the gravest TB scene ever, wherein the patient vomited blood on more than 3 plastics, and where everybody in the whole wide room wore doubled masks for protection. (PS: He was MY patient.)

I saw a patient with ascites (with liver and kidney complications).



I saw blood, flesh, organs. Life.
I smelled death lingering in the atmosphere, waiting to take anyone's life.
I heard cries of pain, agony, and impending, inevitable loss.
I touched frail and weak pulses, pale and flushed skins, unkempt bodies, bleeding fleshes.
I felt...



...I'm in a new, isolated world.



The world of ER.



No comments: