25.8.10

I'm in Caretta Barangay Health Center now...blogging. haha... well, just had a blast in OR Sotto yesterday. Let me tell you the highlights....


1st day;Monday (August 23, 2010)

Skills Lab c/o Sir Vince

Having a letter A as the first letter of my surname can be a blessing and a curse. You'd get to be the first to do things that no one has ever done yet. I got the privilege of performing the return demonstration first,and yeah,you guessed it right. The guinea pig of the group.Scrubbed out twice, got embarrassed and humiliated in front of the group...I understood, though.Sir Vince was just preparing me and my group for our stressful duty. Sir was just doing his job. :)

>Tuesday (August 24, 2010)
OR Reinforcements c/o Sir Ugdoracion

Review of skills with 3C!

Preparation for Pre-con

We went to Sotto that afternoon and got our respective cases for the next day.We interviewed the patient, got the necessary data, and then we went to Beng's place to make our pre-con. NO SLEEP UNTIL 3 AM! We went home at three, and prepared ourselves nervously for the 6 am shift.
I didn't sleep,Ididn't eat, I didn't pause for anything unnecessary. It was scary...

>Wednesday (August 25, 2010)
Pre-con

Pre-con was a blast!All I can say is that we did well for first-timers. Many mind-boggling questions, yes,but we still made it. :)

Surgery Time
Mine started at 8am and finished at 12. It was a big achievement!! Not everyone has the privilege of being there in the OR,witnessing the vulnerability of a person undergoing a surgery. I was flabbergasted at first, but then i managed to gain control of myself after the shock of seeing organs and layers and blood and everything wore off. Sir Vince gave pressure, but not much.The Team was ok. It was a really good learning experience!


It was a new experience.. And I loved it.:)

No comments: