7.12.10

Today...
...is my birthday.
19th birthday.
Weeee. ♥

Well, first things first.
I started my day doing my NCP at 2 in the morning. And then I prepared for my duty at 3 am (my shift was 6am-2pm). My Mom greeted me first, giving me a kiss on my forehead. She can't quite believe that I'm now a year older. Hehe...
I was thinking positively ever since I woke up. It's my day after all. I was assigned in Ward 9 where critically ill patients are waiting to be taken cared of...so I have to be positive and channel good spirits for them to feel that there is still life to look forward to. But that day, when we were still doing our rounds, a patient of my classmate died. Arrest. Then postmortem.
I looked at my recently admitted comatosed patient. She was not very well. The doctor knew. Her daughter knew.
I knew too.
I prayed that she won't die. Not now. Not now.

But she did.

Her agony was not prolonged...
but her daughter's pain was.
Mine too.

I learned, despite that inevitable event in my shift. I realized that with the gift of life, another year, that God gave to me, someone also passes away in order to GO BACK to HIM. It's a part of nature. It's balance. Homeostasis.
I was sad, yes, but I did not want to dwell on sad feelings too much. I thank all those who greeted me...
THANK YOU!
Mingaw man, pero I still thank you for bombarding my wall with greetings! I enjoyed replying on your posts... And that made my day complete.

THANK YOU!


Love lots,
Blaise
Now 19 ♥

No comments: