2.11.07

tHe sWeEtest confEssiOn
bEtweEn tHe prOfeSsOr aNd thE wRitEr



I had finished packing my things for lunch when I suddenly found him in front of me, with a big grin on his face. My heart was beating nervously, and i wasn't able to think straight. He was the one who caused my organs to do cartwheels and I could still remember that wacky face during our science period...
Professor:Hey,
He was leaning on the wall with his arms crossed on his chest.
I was piling my notebooks on the arm of my chair
Writer:Hey too. What's up?
We talked about our review in science for a while, laughing at each other. Out of the blue, he surprised me with an odd question.
Professor: ******, who's your crush?
Writer: Uhm, you don't know him.
I can't believe I lied.
Professor: C'mon, just tell me.
Writer: Ok, fine. He's Adam, a neighbor of ours.
The second lie.
Professor: (chuckling) Oh, nice!
Writer: (nodding) Yeah. Really nice.
I don't have this usual thump thump, like before. But why do I feel funny talking to him?
All of a sudden, he said the words that I've never heard before, and have sure caught me off guard.
Professor: You're really great, ******! Really great! I've got a crush on you when I was in grade three and in first year.
Hey, did I hear right?
Writer: What? (standing up) What did you just say??
Professor: I said, (saying slowly, rolling his eyes a bit, laughing) I've got a crush on you!
Writer: What?!
Professor: Me. Crush. You.
He had pointed at himself and then at me.
Writer: Oh?
Professor: For two years.
Really?
He was walking to the door, leaving me dumbstruck behind. And then I laughed.
Writer: You're really weird, Prof!
I call him Prof, because he wants me to, I guess.
Writer: (grinning, feeling utterly funny) You're really really weird! You admitted to me that you had a crush on me... Ok. You admitted... well, me too.
He stopped on his tracks, clearly surprised as i was.
Professor: You too?
Writer: Yup. Me too.

Now that was pretty weird, wasn't it?




P.S. This really happened! Just months ago...

No comments: