21.5.08


I really took the trouble of waking up early to watch the live telecast of American Idol finals. Two Davids, young smooth-voiced teen David Archuleta and roc
ker David Cook were head to head for the most coveted spot of the seventh season.

For their final showdown
Archuleta sung "Don't let the sun go down on me" on the first round, a ballad "In this Moment" for the second, and "Imagine" of John Lennon for the third round. Cook sang "I still haven't found what I'm looking for", "Dream Big", and "The World I know" for the closing performance. Judge Cowell criticized my bet Cook, saying, "You've chosen the wrong song", yeah, like the winning song. But then he took it back, apologizing to Cook for being too harsh and "It wasn't so clear cut as we called it." And he also said Cook "he didn't deserve it." (Being criticized that way, that is.) Yeah, he didn't deserve it, Simon!

But then Simon's my favorite judge. :) haha..

And when I watched the Finale, I was not surprised that Cook won! weee! He's been my bet for weeks, you know, and he's just oh-so-good! well, Archuleta wasn't bad. he was brilliant! But Cook got a sweep, getting a 12 million vote difference. Cook's amazing!
Simon even predicted that Cook would take the spot weeks ago. :) and he's right! it wasn't a knockout for Archuleta, i mean the votes. But Archuleta did well in the showdown, i mean, he 'wowed' me, which is something that approves Simon's words: what we just saw was a knockout. haha, seriously. ;)
And I admit, Simon was right, Cook hasn't chosen winning pieces. But really, people are way smarter these days, and the voters chose the right one.
Baby-faced Archuleta should feel lucky even to be on that stage, where a hundred thousand people have dreamed of performing. He's still has a lot to learn and experience, though. And he should be grateful for going that far... and to be beside Cook, who felt the same about him.
But hey, Archuleta, still haven't got a date for your prom?
I'm open. :D
wahahaha...


No comments: