4.7.08

Having good friends really fattens the heart.

This happened last Wednesday, the same day i had my vaccination:
Like i said, i've wanted my bed badly that night, so i've prepared to have my night bath for a warm and blissful sleep. when i was about to do my routine, my silent phone started vibrating and i luckily saw it when i glanced askance before leaving the room. i hurriedly picked up the line and in came the voice of a very close friend of mine since high school.
"Hi Bem."
"Uie, hi pud Ma!" I call her Ma, though she's the youngest in our small close circle of four friends.
"Bem, ara ko ha? ok ra?" Our houses have been in walking distance since i moved three weeks ago.
"Ari ka? sure, sure!" I was ecstatic!
"Tagbua ko ha?"
"Ok! kaw ra usa?"
"O, ako ra. ha? tagbua ko."
"Yup2!"
"Padung na ra bah ko."
"Ha?? o cge, mugawas ko after ani."
"Ok. cge bem, bye!"
"Cge!"
now burning with energy, i rushed downstairs and into the pouring rain, waiting for my friend to show up. and she did.
But she was not alone.
My other close friend was with her!
At first i didn't recognize them when they were quite distant because i wasn't wearing my glasses. i was quite speechless for seconds when they showed up! i wasn't expecting for Cherssy to drop by at that time of the night, knowing that she's a home buddy when it comes to studies and school stuff. I haven't seen her in a month! I once visited Ma D (the D stands for Danielle) before but Cherssy was quite a surprise. THEY surprised me. I knew very well that our respective schools have been very demanding and...nuts, so i was really happy to have them even for just an hour. we chatted the whole time, laughing at silly jokes, reminiscing momentous memories, linking faces to different names and others. It was fun, i tell you. though we just stood outside chitchatting, oblivious to the unpleasant weather, just talking about anything under the sun, i mean rain (hehe!), we had enjoyed each other's presence in that short visit without worrying 'bout anything that kills. They've given me additional vital energy to move forward and meet the world as they also do the same.
Chers is in USC-TC, Ma D in USJR, Shayne in CNU (SPED), and I in CNU too... well we all have our own dreams and aspirations and goals to follow and reach. but then, the thought of them still standing by me is something...precious and touching. WE know it's a new world out there, yet we never forget about each other. we may sometimes fail to keep in touch, but we know we still have each other and we can stay under each other's umbrella, sticking out 'til the end. (char!) bitaw, it's true.
I may have sounded sentimental, but it's so true. it's all thanks to them. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi off topic. i linked you into my site.