1.1.09

Christmas Vacation Is Almost O.V.E.R...
too bad!
I've been drunk with the luscious tastes of this sumptuous break, and it would probably make me a little bit mental as I go back to the real world of school and exams. Waking up early will be a struggle by next week! Sigh. I don't want the long break to end yet!

Who would?

Christmas was lonely and sleepy. New Year was not so "bongga-cious" because we did not enjoy our fireworks that much, but the festivity in the house because of our prepared food saved it all. But anyway, the two events were worth all the praise; they're the only times we can gather all together without worrying about what lies outside the four corners of the house.

Dad! Wish you were here. But then, we know you just have to hang on in there. Someday nya. Someday.

Since the start of our break I've read books to entertain me. Not our Anatomy book and the lot! No. I read pocketbooks just to kill time. I didn't want to open my school books yet; they're just a bore.
  1. Artemis Fowl the Opal Deception by Eoin Colfer- really superb. Artemis is such a genius! Can't believe a fourteen-year old kid could defeat a very cunning fairy like Opal Koboi; can't believe he could pull those tricks and get out of dangers alive--barely; and i can't believe i was amazed when he stole the Fairy Thief painting and tricked a very secured and high-tech international bank with just a rod of his skateboard, a pair of shoes, and a sketch on a big piece of paper! Really shrewd... Five stars for this!
  2. Nell by Jeanette Baker- two stories from different times converging on a single timeline, with a sweet twist of fate. Two women, two Fitzgeralds of the country Ireland. interesting...
  3. Post Mortem by Patricia Cornwell- all those strangling and tortured homicide cases of women keeps you guessing but not really that exciting. Those techies were the gems of the story, but its storyline is not so captivating. i was looking for an upbeat suspense, fresh and compelling and gripping, but this book doesn't grasp the whole thing.
  4. By the River Piedra I sat down and Wept by Paolo Coelho- I've read this already ages ago but when I saw it lying on the corner of my parents' room, something rekindled within me and made me take the book and read it again. It never tired me of giving such interesting ideas, and the love was itself a show of struggle. I actually am lost for words for this, and actually I find it quite difficult to beautifully describe Paolo Coelho's works. He really is one of the best writers, from The Alchemist to Eleven Minutes and his recent books. I highly recommend his books.
Hmm. I wonder when will be the next time that I can read an unputdownable book? Hmm. I'm waiting for Breaking Dawn and Brisingr... I'm hoping one of these days, or maybe after exams, I can borrow even one...

And oh! I haven't given The New Year's Resolution a thought. I have now. Hihi...

I just want to pass.

That's all.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: