18.1.09

The exams are finally, finally over!
what a blurry week...
But anyway, it's a relief having the exams done. Pass or fail, it doesn't matter, well actually it does but I couldn't care less, could I? Hehe. As long as it's over... I've done my bestest. :D

Yesterday we were on the streets along E-mall and ACT, doing a human-barricade with all our arms looped together and a yellow rope extended from end to end inside our clenched fists. As it was my first time to be in Cebu City during the Sinulog days, I was surprised when there were a lot of people in the procession, and my estimate was no less than fifteen thousand people walking solemnly for the image of Sr. Sto. NiƱo. People jostled from a point I knew not where until they were out of my sight, and other faces streamed once again before my eyes and then everything went vague with all those pushes and pulls and sweat and tugs and Sto. Nino statues of various sizes... I had a number of disappointments, though, but let's leave them at that.

When we were about to go home (and that was after we dined in McDonald's, which completely wiped out my money. hehe!), there was no jeepney in sight! We had to walk from Jones UNTIL CSAT just to find a means of going home after being hideously ranted and pushed around by people during the procession. When we arrived there, the procession was still going on, and it was the TAIL of the procession. The last people were nursing students from various schools, bleaching the streets with all the whiteness emanating from their uniforms.
I couldn't almost fathom the gargantuan of devotees as we moved through in and out of the crowd.

The proper words to discribe the scene? "Di mahulugan ng karayom."
It was a mess, really. Not the whole procession, but after all those people piling up to reach the Sto. Nino church. It was then I realized at some point in our bustling that people were crowding before the CSAT gates because the Parokya ni Edgar band was coming for a FREE concert on the CSAT grounds! I wanted to watch, but boy, thank God I still had my mind on. It would have probably taken me forever to reach our house if I decided to stay behind. XP
And yeah, you guessed it right. The jeepneys have gone overboard. As always when the streets are busy. I wanted to reprimand those crooks who crammed every bit of us and gave the incorrect and overpriced fares, but I decided otherwise. It would be better for the LTO to sort it out, right?

Yeah, Lyn2 got the plate number and sent it to her mom to do the talking.
hehe.
Go, go!


What a day...

But now, I wanna say:

"Pit Senyor, guys!"

No comments: