17.9.10

Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay


 

This post is for our Informatics class. A requirement that I thoroughly enjoy making because I've been doing this for almost three years.
:)


Anyway, I'm sharing to you a place where my family came from. I was not born there, in fact I was born in Chong Hua Hospital in Cebu City almost 19 years ago. Zamboanga Sibugay is one of the places that is dearest to me, since all of my relatives were there to begin with. :)


According to my friend Wikipedia, Ipil (Subanen:Miho G'benwa Ipil/Mihogbenwa Ipil) is a 1st class municipality in the province of Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines. It is the capital municipality of Zamboanga Sibugay. According to the 2000 census, it has a population of 52,481 people in 10,293 households.
Ipil has become the center of learning in Sibugay Province. UZ-Universidad de Zamboanga Ipil Campus, provides Education for Service and Everyone with the Vision to be a premier educational institution providing quality education, training and technological services that is accessible and relevant to all in support of regional, national and international development. Marian College, under the Prelature of Ipil, continues its expansion with the opening of more courses. It has hospitals, financial institutions, communications and related industries, and amenities. It has a growing economy with fast gaining reputation for a business center. 
:)

What a nice update. Year 2000? *laughs*

My family would visit our province once we get a chance or when we just feel like traveling. We visit our relatives there, especially my amiable and hardworking Lola in her own home. When we were still kids we often go to Ipil (because: one, the fare rates were a lot cheaper during those days, and two, we were still children who could handle little baggage than adults, thereby ensuring little load while traveling. hahaha!). But when we were growing up our visits got lesser. T.T

I could remember our adventures there when I was still young (or when I was growing up, either way). We tour the whole place like mad. We chase frogs on the grassy fields, clean and cook them, and have a contest: whoever gets the highest pile of frog bones wins. In mornings we wake up early, jog around the plaza (which was right in front of the house, across the street), and return home, expecting lots of delicious pandesal, cheese or peanut butter, plus Milo or coffee in the living room for breakfast. We ride shotgun on a pick-up car and traverse the streets and highways while enjoying the green scenery, the rushing air, and the panoramic view. We play like kids on the first floor of the house, play with ducks and pigs, play with neighbors, play with vehicle parts and the lot.

A lot of good memories. a lot of fun times.

I really wish I could go back there... soon.


No comments: