10.3.08

Just this morning I had one of the most beautiful experiences of my life.

I was heading to the canteen with Ma D, and everybody was piling out and heading in to purchase their food on the counter when I happened to pass right behind Francis 'mamaw' right outside, eating something that I never saw nor knew. Many students were rushing through and when I spotted my buddy, i called him out in a singsong voice,
"MAMAW!"
When he heard me, he turned and replied in a voice I will never ever forget.
"Mamaw!!"
It was a voice full of glee, a voice of thrill and excitement and relief and happiness, as if he had just seen me there in front of him for the first time in ten years. Like he was so overjoyed to have me around.
Right then and there I halted in the middle of the doorway, my head in his direction. i was deeply touched by his voice, his word--only a single word!-- that I muttered to Danielle, deeply touched,
"I miss him."

Yes, I miss him. I miss this 'slecher' guy who's been a good friend of mine for years.
And i can say... He's such a MamaW!
But though his a MamaW, I'm gonna miss him... soon.

*Hello Maw! If you happen to read this, thanks for being a cool friend of mine! TC always!


No comments: